Download SMP Brochure
Download SMP Presentation
Automate the Security Migration Process!
One of the greatest benefits of the Lawson System Foundation (LSF9) technology platform is the new security administration application, Lawson Security 9 (LS9). This new security model offers a number of significant improvements over the legacy LAUA model. Migrating to LS9, however, is not a simple undertaking. The Machensoft LS9 Security Migration Process can make this process more manageable, accurate, timely and cost effective.
Solving the First Challenge:
Identifying what you should include:
- Lawson does not offer a means to determine what aspects of the existing LAUA structure are actually being used, and which exist only as compliance and security liabilities.
- The LS9 Security Migration Process monitors the usage of screens and security classes and makes recommendations on which existing security elements are worth being modeled in LS9. Knowing what you need to include saves the error and complication of migrating unnecessary information.
- Once your LAUA model has been tuned based on actual usage your security classes will be checked against our pre-built Segregation of Duty (SoD) policies. Our standard SoD reports will help you futher tune your LAUA security model prior to creating any new LS9 Security Classes.
Solving the Second Challenge:
Moving the Data from LAUA to LS9
- Once the Security Migration Process has helped your organization determine which LAUA data to keep and which data to eliminate because it is unused or redundant, the next step is to migrate the valid information into LS9.
- The Security Migration Process organizes the data parsed from the Lawson LAUA security flat-files and dynamically converts it into the appropriate LDAP format. The process creates tasks and roles on the fly, based on those commonly found within a company. The roles and tasks are then organized in a manner that allows an organization to add or subtract permissions and rename the default security class tags.
The SMP Builder will evaluate each user’s access, consolidate similar functions, and automatically infer and create Tasks and Roles.
Easily Determine Usage
With the SMP Listener we can validate which tokens a user is accessing to better determine what access needs to be granted.
Reduce Conversion Errors
The LS9 Security Migration Process monitors the usage of forms and security classes and makes recommendations on which existing security elements are worth being modeled in LS9.